Tuesday 6 October 2015

Eric Burdon thrills the crowd at Harrah's Lake Tahoe



The eric Burdon show at Lake Tahoe

As I was checking in at will call for this show BC, from Harrah's, asked if I could take some photos of Eric and some VIP guests. Thinking swiftly I said, "Sure, I guess so." I was actually more excited about it than I let on. In the backstage hallway outside the dressing rooms were about 6 VIP guests. Eric came out and was very cordial and soft spoken with everyone. I took several single and group photos. Eric continued to be pleasant and patient with the process. At one point he was standing with a very tall man and when I went to snap the picture he leaned his head into the man's chest, and the man leaned his head onto the top of Eric's head.That's a good sense of humor.

About fifteen minutes later Eric Burdon and The Animals came to the stage and started off with their 1966 hit, Don't Bring Me Down, followed by 1967's When I Was Young. There was no lack of enthusiasm from the aging baby boomers in attendance (me among them). By Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood he had the room joining in on a sing along.


CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AT GONZO:

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.