Sunday 15 February 2015

Barbara: A life in music ...

Barbara Dickson plays Rothes Halls, GlenrothesHaving enjoyed a successful career in music and acting for many years now, Fife audiences will have the chance to spend an evening with our own Barbara Dickson later this month.

The multi-million selling recording artist and Olivier Award winning actress is at Rothes Halls in Glenrothes on Saturday, February 21. And while taking time out to speak to The Press this week, she said she’s looking forward to the concert.

“It’s lovely to come and play in Fife,” she said. “I spend a lot of time in Fife. “When I’m in Edinburgh I’ll come over to Fife as I have still got a lot of relatives and friends there. “I haven’t played in Glenrothes since I came at the end of 2013 and before that I hadn’t been for a long long time. “It’s a lovely hall and I’m really pleased to be playing there again.

“People will ask me, why do you not come to Inverness? And I have to say I don’t choose the venues, it’s because I’m not invited.”


CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FROM GONZO
Winter
CD - £9.99

Che Faro
DVD - £12.99

B4 74 - The Folkclub Tapes
2CD - £11.99

Full Circle
CD - £9.99

Into The Light
DVD - £12.99

Time And Tide 
CD - £9.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.