Sunday 12 October 2014

Eliza Carthy featured in BBC’s God Only Knows

God Only Knows
To celebrate the launch of BBC Music and support this years Children in Need, the BBC have remade The Beach Boys’ masterpiece ‘God Only Knows with the help of a few friends…
Stars including Eliza Carthy, Pharrell Williams, Brian Wilson, Kylie Minogue, Stevie Wonder, One Direction and many more each sing a line from the song all backed by the 80-piece BBC Concert Orchestra.

God Only Knows - The SingleHere is the full cast list and the lines they sing/perform:
Martin James Bartlett – celeste
Pharrell Williams – I may not always love you
Emeli Sande – But as long as there are stars above you
Elton John – You never need to doubt it
Lorde – I’ll make you so sure about it
Chris Martin – God only knows what I’d be without you
Brian Wilson – If you should ever leave me (piano)
Florence Welch – Well life would still go on believe me
Kylie Minogue – The world could show nothing to me
Stevie Wonder – So what good would living do me
Eliza Carthy – God only knows what I’d be without you
Nicola Benedetti – violin
Jools Holland – piano
Brian May – electric guitar
Jake Bugg – lalalala
Katie Derham – violin
Tees Valley Youth Choir – God only knows
Alison Balsom – piccolo trumpet
One Direction – God only knows what I’d be without you
Jaz Dhami – God only knows what I’d be without you
Paloma Faith – God only knows what I’d be without you
Chrissie Hynde – God only knows
Jamie Cullum – God only knows what I’d be without you
Baaba Maal – God only knows
Danielle de Niese – God only knows what I’d be without you
Dave Grohl – God only Knows
Sam Smith – God only knows what I’d be without you
Brian Wilson – God only knows what I’d be without you

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.