Wednesday 23 July 2014

YES: A link to a true obsessive

As stated many times before in this blog, I am a huge fan of the band Yes and ofprogressive rock in general.  I have written on Yes, prog rock, and related topics before which you can see here.
On July 19, 2014 I am seeing Yes play the Tower Theater in Upper Darby (with Syd Arthur as the opener) and on July 22, 2014 the new album Heaven & Earth is being released.  So, needless to say, the next couple of weeks are very exciting for me as a Yes fan!
As this will be a very “Yes” month, I thought it would be fun to post some concert reviews I have done in the past, as well as my review of the new album and upcoming show, and perhaps a concert story or two over my years of seeing Yes.  For the next few months I will try and post on music once per week or so.
I have seen the following Yes shows:
I hope this will be fun as I have been able to unearth some of my old reviews and found some old photographs of Yes days past to post in this blog.  If you have any fun Yes or concert stories, please be sure to mention them in the comments section below!
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FROM GONZO
Union (Standard DVD)
DVD - £9.99

Union (2CD)
2CD - £7.99

Rock Of The 70's
DVD - £12.99

The Lost Broadcasts
DVD - £7.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.