Saturday 22 December 2012

HUW LLOYD-LANGDON'S DAUGHTER WRITES



Hello, this is Kirsty, Huw's daughter, This was my speech (as you didnt hear it) so you know what the gobstopper thing was all about! 

"First of all, on behalf of me and my mum I would like to thank you all for coming.My dad,How do you begin to find words about the loss of someone you held so close in your heart?I will try...I was and always have been a daddies girl, I can remember when I was very young and we lived in Woodingdean, Brighton, my dad sitting on the sofa watching snooker with a roll up in hand and me next to hi with my head on his shoulder watching it too - I didn't understand it, but I wanted to be near him and like what he liked.Dad was the most loving, caring, thoughtful and kind father anyone could have, he taught me so much about life, and I could go to him with anything. His love of all animals has passed down to me and I was always amazed that he could capture the heart of any animal - big or small.Dad was and always will be my hero, he always made me laugh when I was down. He picked me up when I was at a low - I can remember one time he came over to one of my flats after I had been on the phone to him upset about something or other, I opened the door and there he was stood there with his cheeky grin handing me over an everlasting gobstopper - it had to be the biggest one I have ever seen!! Needless to say but I never did finish it!I am so proud of my dad, for who he was and what he stood for and for what he has achieved.I love him some much and I know that he loved me too. I am so proud to stand here and say he was my dad and I am his daughter.Again, I would like to say a big thank you to all of you who have come here today to celebrate in his life, but most of all I would like to say thanks to my dad.Thank you for everything, I love you.God Speed"

JON WITH HIS EDITOR HAT ON: This arrived yesterday as a comment, but I wanted everyone to see it, so I am posting it to the main page. Thank Your Kirsty, and God Bless you and all of your family at this difficult time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.