Friday 22 June 2012

LINK: The return of ‘glam rock icon’ Michael Des Barres

Des Barres: the greatest cheekbones in rock

Legendary frontman Michael Des Barres – he of Silverhead, Detective and Chequered Past fame – is set to return with a new album titled Carnaby Street.

Track: Michael Des Barres – You’re My Pain Killer

File under: Oscar Wilde in velvet jeans

Carnaby Street sees Des Barres revisiting his youth in swinging London.

“The music I am making now is inspired by my past in the mid 60s and early 70s,” he explains. “As a kid I would go watch all the skinny white blues rock’n'roll musicians in the clubs and it hit me like a hammer!

“I was so influenced by both the courage of these young white guys combined with the soulful rawness of the African American bluesmen, and the hybrid was so fascinating to me that it really stimulated my entire musical vocabulary.

Read on...

Pre-order the album now:

http://www.gonzomultimedia.co.uk/product_details/15483

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.